The Mechanical Design Engineer will support complex design of engine components and systems for the base engine. In this position, you will utilize your experience in engineering, problem solving, and 3D CAD design to create or improve complex parts and assemblies.
Essential Responsibilities Design new engine components and systems and solve design-related problems, including:
- Create component and system technical requirements for complex design activities while working closely with technical and cross-functional personnel.
- Create & maintain designs of large castings, forgings, machined components, and metal fabrications in 3D CAD, including 2D drawing creation and release.
- Perform engineering studies and calculations within the scope of assigned work including tolerance stack ups and appropriate use of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Be part of cross functional development teams, including attendance of design reviews.
- Create & maintain Bills of Material for complex assemblies and engine builds.
- Ensure all required business system transactions associated with ECO releases are completed as required.
- Provide technical engineering support to other functional areas as required, including other engineering teams, manufacturing, purchasing, application engineering, marketing, service, contracted engineering consultants, and suppliers.
- Support the creation and continuous development of design practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Technology, or Mechanical Design Technology from an accredited university or college
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a Mechanical Design Engineering role.
- Knowledgeable in the use of ERP business systems, PLM systems, and high-end 3D CAD such as CREO.
- Ability and willingness to travel to manufacturing plant or customer sites as needed.
- Mechanical design and/or development experience with components and systems of reciprocating internal combustion engines and/or engine-driven packaged equipment
- Knowledge of GD&T & tolerance calculations
- Basic understanding of engine performance, simulation/FEA, engine testing, and mechanical development
- Knowledge of materials, manufacturing processes and quality tools.
- New product design experience
- Current product support and problem-solving design experience
- Organizational skills required to manage multiple projects and/or activities.
- Demonstrated proficiency in technical writing, oral, listening and presentation skills.
INNIO offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. INNIO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.