The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
As a member of the Automation and Digital Services team (ADS), the Automation and Digital Services Support Engineer will perform and coordinate a wide range of service and sales support-related activities including the installation and troubleshooting of automation products/solutions. Provide pre-sales and post-sale technical support for all Xylem ADS products in Water Infrastructure market via telephone and/or video-conferencing and/or on-site assistance.
The target audience of the technical support are Xylem direct staff, distribution, and end users. Up to 50% overnight travel is a requirement for this position. The candidate shall be remote, preferably located in the Sacramento, California area.**
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES**
- Start-up Assistance: Provide support to help commission ADS products. This includes but is not limited to Xylem intelligent Pump Station Managers (iPSM), Pump Controllers, Protection devices, and Electrical Control Panels.
- Field Troubleshooting: Provide remote and sometimes on-site support to resolve Xylem customer controls issues using multi-meter, hand tools and basic to mid-level electrical theory, diagnose and resolve control and instrumentation issues at the customer’s site.
- Telephone Technical Support: Support customers and other sales and service staff members by delivering telephone guidance on product application-related matters. Also assist with application questions as sales teams call for recommendations. Help remotely diagnose and resolve advanced control and instrumentation issues at the client site.
- Support Direct & Distribution ADS Sales: As required, attend customer meetings, work with WI sales channels to provide training on the basic fundamentals of ADS, and attend engineering meetings to provide clarification on controls & telemetry solutions.
- Assist Sales staff with Specification / Application review: Decipher Engineering Specifications and provide standard product solution wherever possible. Utilize existing manuals and application guides to determine the ability to deliver complete Xylem branded solutions.
- General Documentation: Create and/or edit procedures, how-to’s, and best practices related to ADS product setup and configuration. Perform required administrative tasks associated with the ADS Support Engineer position (i.e. product improvement requests, product issues notifications, trip reports, customer follow-up communications, and general filing/ recorded keeping on customer support issues).
- Other duties as assigned: Perform other duties as required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering required
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in industrial controls applications with a strong knowledge of PLCs, telemetry, distributed control networks and industry standard communications protocols.
Specialized Knowledge – Including any required certificates, licenses, and registrations
- Bilingual preferred.
- Experience with electrical control panels, VFD’s, PLCs, SCADA systems and other electronic systems and instrumentation.
- Working knowledge in water/wastewater processes, including pumping and various treatment equipment and/or similar industrial industries.
- Field service experience highly desirable.
- Ability to work to quality-driven standards and in a safe and professional manner.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills, ability to work independently, and team player.
- Highly motivated with excellent communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong customer focus and engagement to ensure optimum working relationships.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- CAD software experience preferred.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development– To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards– We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks– Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk and reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently required to communicate orally.
- Ability to use hands and fingers dexterously to operate office equipment and or/ tools and equipment in the field where wiring is required.
- Must occasionally lift/ transport up to 50 pounds.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color differentiation recognition for electrical wiring.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Field or Customer location: May work around pipes, valves, electrical equipment and operating machinery, etc. such as commonly found around manufacturing facilities, construction sites and drinking water/wastewater treatment plants.
- Travel: As required to fulfill the duties listed above (up to 50%). Other travel as needed or required by the company.
- In addition to the above, the performance of other related duties may be required.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.