Holcim builds progress for people and the planet. As a global leader in innovative and sustainable building solutions, Holcim is enabling greener cities, smarter infrastructure and improving living standards around the world. With sustainability at the core of its strategy Holcim is becoming a net zero company, with its people and communities at the heart of its success. The company is driving circular construction as a world leader in recycling to build more with less. Holcim is 70,000 people around the world who are passionate about building progress for people and the planet through four business segments: Cement, Ready-Mix Concrete, Aggregates and Solutions & Products.
No agencies can be considered for this job posting, and no agency involvement is required unless contractually assigned.
- Provide reliable and flexible executive administrative support to optimize the business diary - resolve calendar conflicts, make judgments and recommendations to plan and orchestrate activities to ensure that priorities are met
- Handle daily communication (mainly in English and German) through phone calls, emails, post and ensure follow up - prioritize inquiries and requests to ensure smooth day-to-day engagements
- Set up and organize internal and external meetings, conference calls and video conferences, ensuring accurate preparation of information and briefing of involved parties
- Prepare and coordinate international business trips - including visa applications, travel and accommodation arrangements
- Handle vendor invoices and purchase orders, process invoices and handle expense reports through SAP
- Organize the working environment, such as office supplies, meeting room booking, refreshments, smooth running of office equipment
- Update working manuals in line with internal operations guidelines and maintain required documents (incl. filing, distribution) as well as the intranet sites
- Support with administrative onboarding of new employees or contractors
- Take care of Executive’s personal appointments and tasks
- Undertake other responsibilities as necessary or assigned by management to support the team (eg. floor warden duties)
- Administrative education or similar
- Minimum 5 years of proven successful experience in providing support to Executive Committee and/or senior leadership members
- Solid background in administrative practices and procedures in multinational, fast paced companies
- Experienced user of digital tools and systems, with good skills in using Google-Suite applications, SAP and video conferencing
Knowledge & Skills
You have a passion for excellent service, are well organized and enjoy collaborating with others to ensure that together you can build progress.
The attributes you bring:
- Anticipate needs of senior stakeholders and drive tasks to completion
- Accurate, reliable and able to deal with sensitive information and high level of confidentiality
- Highly effective in time management: with strong planning and organizational skills, able to manage multiple tasks and set priorities
- Fluent communication with different functions and divisions, able to interact with people at all levels - maintaining positive relationships and sensitive to cultural differences
- Keen to keep learning and developing
- Resilient, flexible and able to cope with ambiguity - to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment
Native German speaker. Business fluent in English (written and spoken). Further language skills of advantage.