Holcim is hiring an
Holcim builds progress for people and the planet. As a global leader in innovative and sustainable building solutions, Holcim is enabling greener cities, smarter infrastructure and improving living standards around the world. With sustainability at the core of its strategy Holcim is becoming a net zero company, with its people and communities at the heart of its success. The company is driving circular construction as a world leader in recycling to build more with less. Holcim is 70,000 people around the world who are passionate about building progress for people and the planet through four business segments: Cement, Ready-Mix Concrete, Aggregates and Solutions & Products.
The Holcim Foundation for Sustainable Construction empowers a unique global network of design and construction experts committed to sustainably transforming the building sector.
As we embark on an exciting new chapter to accelerate the Foundation’s impact, we are seeking an administrative assistant to provide support to the Foundation team. Check out the work of the Holcim Foundation for Sustainable Construction at www.holcimfoundation.org.
No agencies can be considered for this job posting, and no agency involvement is required unless contractually assigned.
You will play an active role in supporting the Foundation’s global operations by carrying out a variety of day-to-day office and administrative tasks to ensure the smooth running of the Foundation Office. The role is based in Zurich, Switzerland and reports to the Executive Director of the Foundation.
The scope of this pivotal role in our team includes the following activities:
• Support the Executive Director with administrative tasks (calendar scheduling, travel arrangements, etc.)
• Undertake other responsibilities as necessary and/or assigned by the Executive Director
• Perform basic bookkeeping activities and update the accounting system
• Liaise with the team, partners and vendors to obtain required information to process contracts
• Obtain and verify required financial information to enable payment of vendor and consultant invoices
• Maintain files and records with effective filing systems
• Support team members with various administrative tasks (redirecting calls, expenses handling, etc.)
• Manage inventory of office supplies, monitor expenditures and handle contracts (rent, service etc.)
• Update internal operations guidelines and working manuals
• Technical administration of network databases and generic mailboxes
• Support the coordination of the Foundation’s events and stakeholder outreach activities
• Organization, booking and invoicing of flights, transfers and accommodation for event participants
• Organization, booking and invoicing of venues, catering etc.
• Creation of itineraries and documents (including visa application support) for event participants
• Coordination of local event hosts and event management agencies
• On-site participant coordination support during Foundation’s bi-annual global event
• Administration of Foundation’s internal network database (Holcim Group contacts, Holcim subsidiary contacts)
• Administration of Foundation’s external network database (academic network, Holcim Awards winners network, Next Generation Accelerator network, external partners etc.)
• Bachelor’s degree in business, communications or related fields
• 5 years+ of relevant experience (within a global organization a plus)
An excellent administrative assistant is, above all, an organized and competent professional with strong communication skills. You will be comfortable dealing with people, able to carry out your duties with accuracy and speed and eager to take ownership of new responsibilities as they arise.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail
• Able to work under pressure, multi-task, and deliver on time
• Open-minded and inclusive team player
• Strong service-oriented attitude
• Able to flexibly adapt to changing environments
• High comfort and proficiency with MS Office and Google Suite
• Willingness and capacity to travel and work abroad for short periods of time
High proficiency in German and English (oral and written) – mother-tongue or equivalent