Title: Administration and Program Support Officer
Reports to: Operations & Program Support Area Manager
Location: Abujibeeha, SKS
NEF is a non-profit international development organization that has supported livelihoods recovery and community-based economic development in the Middle East, Africa, and Caucasus since 1915. NEF draws on local teams, experience, and partnerships in these regions to create community-led solutions to improve livelihoods and local governance among conflict and crisis-affected groups, while maintaining neutrality and ensuring inclusiveness in our approach. Working through a network of country offices and local partners, NEF currently has operations in ten countries: Armenia, Jordan, Lebanon, Iraq, Mali, Morocco, Palestine, Sudan, South Sudan, and Syria. Our programs are organized around three pillars: Inclusive Economic Development, Climate-resilient Development, and Stabilization and Peacebuilding.
Reporting to the Area Manager, the Administration and Program Support Officer will provide procurement, logistics, administrative, and general support for the Operations & Program Support Area Manager.
- Update Logistics forms and follow up that staff are using the accurate forms.
- Assure Prequalified Supplier list is updated and approved by concern staff.
- Ensure NEFs Policies are disseminated among suppliers and service providers.
- Assure Quotations/ Close Tenders/ Local tenders/International Tenders are in place as per NEF policies and regulations.
- In coordination with direct supervisor ensure that Procurement Plan are received from the field on time beginning of each quarter and shared with NEF country office
- Assure Procurement process is done in proper way from PR up to Delivery note considering the supply chain concepts (Quality-Quantity- delivery time-satisfaction of Project),
- Assure that the procurement process is in accordance with NEF policies and procedures in a transparent, accountable, efficient, timely and cost-effective manner
- Ensure that logistics and procurement paperwork is filed properly both soft and hard copies
- Provide Procurement Report on weekly basis and update on daily basis and or as per Direct Supervisor.
- Support timely payments for suppliers by ensuring all required documentation is submitted completely and on time
Vehicle & Generator Management:
- Ensure that Vehicles Regulations
- Supervision of vehicles movement, Vehicles rent, vehicle license and insurance and ensure timely maintenance
- Assure that Vehicle Log sheets and Log books are filled properly and correctly
- Prepare and share fuel consumption reports with NEF country office
- Vehicle Daily movement’s supervision.
- Supervise Drivers performance and their Daily routine check of each vehicle.
- Follow up and report on any Accidents occur and traffic violations, and provide incidents reports
- Assure that all vehicles are equipped with Fire Extinguisher and safety equipment and communication device and charger.
- Ensure preventive maintenance instruction.
- Record keeping of vehicles Files updated and valid.
- Ensure that NEF generator is always ready to function and switched when electricity is off.
- Ensure that generator is filled with fuel and that always there is at lease spare 2 barrels in place.
- Ensure that generator is regularly checked and regular repair of Oil-Fuel filters changed on regular basis.
- Regularly updating of framework agreement tracker and other contract follow-ups, and share to relevant users regularly.
- Register all NEF SKS office assets and follow up to assure field are on the same page with Khartoum on asset Registration.
- Make the Asset tags on all registered assets.
- Get Custodian Signatures on Registered assets.
- Make the physical count with finance to ensure accuracy of Asset registered.
- Provide Asset reports on monthly basis.
- Asset update on monthly basis and share the reports with direct supervisor.
- Ensure all NEF assets are safeguarded and maintained appropriately through regular service and proper storage or safe-keeping.
- Assure that NEF registration is renewed on annual basis.
- Ensure that Customs agreement is renewed on annual basis.
- Ensure that Technical Agreements of NEFs are approved.
- Ensure that any asset of any project need to be disposed transfer and or kept have necessarily approvals.
- Ensure that NEF vehicles licensed obtained on annual basis.
- Ensure that all required visas and permits are issued on time.
- Build good relations with HAC and concern Authorities and NEF partners.
- In coordination with Direct Supervisor ensure that Safety and security concerns and standards are met including Building- security guards- staff safety.
- In coordination with Direct Supervisor extended support required by Field staff to fulfil NEF requirements.
- In coordination with Direct Supervisor Ensure that all Administrative procurements (flight-hotel- fuel- Stationaries- Consumable Items, electricity are done in accordance to NEF policies and procedures.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Note: Research suggests that women may self-select out of opportunities if they don’t meet 100% of the job requirements. We encourage individuals who believe they have the skills necessary to succeed within this position and thrive at NEF to apply for this role.
The successful candidate must be a self-directed individual with the following qualifications:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working with NGOs, other international agencies or multinational business;
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines;
- Geographical and administrative knowledge;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Strong information technology skills;
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Arabic.
Position Success Criteria:
- Effective team player, able to develop and maintain effective working relationships within a distributed and dynamic team
- Flexibility and willingness in accepting work assignments
- Good interpersonal skills
NEF will accept rolling applications until the position is filled. Review of applications will begin on Thursday, December 1st, 2022. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Please apply by submitting the following documents:
- Cover letter (not more than 1 page) outlining all relevant experience and skills based on the requirements above and availability date
- Curriculum Vitae
- List of three references
Please note only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Applicants are strongly encouraged to familiarize themselves with the Near East Foundation by visiting the NEF website at www.neareast.org.
The Near East Foundation promotes Equal Opportunities for all applicants seeking employment and NEF employees.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Any Employment with the Near East Foundation will be subject to the following checks prior to start date:
- A satisfactory Restricted Party Screening.
- Receipt of satisfactory references.
- Proof of eligibility to work in the national location for this role.