The Accounts Payable Specialist is primarily responsible for all aspects of accounts payable processing in a fast-paced environment. The Accounts Payable Specialist ensures accuracy and efficiency in entering invoices, verifying appropriate approvals (contracts if necessary), ensuring budget availability, coding and allocating based on accounting and grant rules. Work will be performed with high levels of customer service, data integrity, and consistent with AmeriCorps rules and regulations. The Accounts Payable Specialist will observe confidentiality of all staff, member, vendor, and organizational matters.
Accounts Payable (80%):
- Process invoices, check requests and rents in a timely manner.
- Reconcile vendor statements
- Review and approve staff and member reimbursements, code as needed.
- Review and confirm coding for company credit card transactions
- Review to ensure contracts and proper approvals are obtained
- Code and allocate based on approver input, accounting standards and grant rules.
- Check for duplicate invoices
- Validate sales tax and provide feedback as needed to ensure sales tax is not paid unnecessarily.
- New vendor set up and maintenance
- Obtain W-9’s from new vendors, updating 1099 information as appropriate
- Select invoice for check runs, submit for approval.
- Assist with bi-weekly payroll for staff and AmeriCorps members as needed
- Cross train as backup support for Payroll Administrator
- Provide Grant Accountants with supporting documentation relating to monthly reimbursement requests, monitoring visits, or other related grants documentation requirements.
- Assist with the processing and distribution of year-end IRS Forms 1099, 1096 and W-2.
- Participate in financial and grant audits requests for supporting documentation.
- Associate Degree in business or accounting, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 1-year relevant processing experience preferred
- Familiarity with AmeriCorps programs a plus
- Net Suite experience a plus
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
- Able to maintain high level of confidentiality
- Meticulous attention to detail and number aptitude
- Must be able to deal with frequent interruptions and have proactive problem-solving skills
- Professional demeanor, good interpersonal skills, self-motivated and customer service orientation.
Ampact is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations as possible to enable employees to perform the essential functions of their positions.
This position requires the ability to:
- Travel locally and statewide as needed to attend meetings
- Communicate effectively with people/groups in multiple settings within and outside the organization
- Effectively utilize existing and emerging technology to achieve required results
- Transporting of moderately heavy objects up to 25 pounds