Accion is a global nonprofit committed to creating a financially inclusive world, with a trailblazing legacy in microfinance and fintech impact investing. We catalyze financial service providers to deliver high-quality, affordable solutions at scale for the 1.8 billion people who are left out of, or poorly served by, the financial sector. For more than 60 years, Accion has helped tens of millions of people through our work with more than 200 partners in 63 countries. More at http://www.accion.org
Reporting to Senior Accounting Specialist, the Accounting Assistant is responsible for maintaining all daily, monthly journal entries and month-end reconciliations, accounts payable and expenses for Accion’s Latin America, “Centro”, affiliate. She/he will also work closely with the Finance team and provide support on audit requests, monthly tax processes, and month-end closing expenses. The person in this role must be bilingual (English-Spanish).
This position will be based in Bogota, Colombia.
- Local Purchase order processing (AvidX) - maintain the system, users, follow up approvals and seek the final approvals before the accounts payable (AP) process.
- AP processing in Vantage Point and AvidX systems- backup. This process needs to follow AvidX approvals and then post batch in the Vantage Point system.
- Coordinate weekly payments and ensure alignment with corporate policies.
- FOREX- Negotiation – process and prepare FOREX forms for any USD amount received or needs to be paid according with local regulation.
- Conduct monthly reconciliation for the tax GLs and tax certificate for vendors.
- Cash receipts/disbursement to support FOREX processes. This includes preparing the forms with the bank and preparing the CR in local books.
- Fixed Asset/ depreciation process and monthly reconciliation. Maintain the excel file updated and communicate with IT for any additions/deletions or write-offs of fixed assets.
- Insurance coverage – addition/deletion of fixed assets. This position will be the point person to communicate any changes with the fixed asset coverage.
- Annual inventory support to keep inventory updated in coordination with IT and accounting.
- Taxes calculation support (monthly and annual special report)- reconciliation of GL and create the support documents to provide to the Senior accounting specialist.
- Expense Reimbursement Global- follow up on travel policy, review the backups, and process weekly reimbursements for all Accion employees.
- Credit card administration contact – process requests for new credit cards, cancelation or credit card changes; follow up on requests to update bank information, customer services with the credit card´s holders, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or student.
- 2 years of relevant experience in a similar position.
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting processes and procedures.
- Demonstrated knowledge in the use of accounting packages and software (Deltek/Vantage Poin/Avidxt), preferred.
- Excellent computer literacy and experience with Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel.
- Attention to detail, organizational skills, time management and ability to adapt to changes.
- Ability to exercise discretion and handle confidential information.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Eager to learn and grow in various functions of an accounting department.
- Proficient in English language skills (verbal and written), required.