In this role, you will be responsible for managing the cash movement for INNIO's Waukesha, Wisconsin and Welland locations, ensuring the process is functioning effectively and efficiently. This role will assist in general accounting responsibilities to ensure financial statements are accurate and timely and will provide feedback to various finance leaders regularly.
- Maintain cash balance through transfer of funds between accounts and between legal entities, as well as related FX movement (this includes Treasury initiated cash pool and loan transactions as well as factoring related transactions, in multiple currencies).
- Record all bank transactions and reconcile bank statements daily, coordinating efforts with Treasury and local A/P and A/R teams as needed.
- Complete account reconciliations for all assigned cash accounts monthly (cash clearing, cash-in-transit, reverse factoring, etc.). Initiate and complete corrective actions to ensure that outstanding items in account reconciliations are cleared promptly, communicating with other departments as needed.
- Participate in the month-end close process and ensure that processes are completed timely based on established procedures.
- Prepare journal entries affecting cash accounts.
- Prepare monthly reports for the team’s monthly journal entry postings and reconciliations.
- Prepare 13-week cash forecast on a bi-weekly basis.
- Assist HQ with A/P duties as assigned (processing of invoices/Supplier bank account updates, etc.)
- Prepare and submit monthly trial balances to the Tax Department.
- Assist with audit requests as assigned.
- Prepare Weekly Metrics Dashboard preparation for FP&A team.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting
- Candidate is expected to maintain confidentiality of all information entrusted to the position.
- Knowledge of U.S. GAAP and accounting principles
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Legal authorization to work in the United States and/or Canada is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
- Fluency in English
- The ideal candidate must be a 'self-starter' capable of working independently, taking initiative identifying and resolving issues, managing workload, and timely replying to correspondence.
- The ideal candidate will be flexible and adaptable while maintaining a professional attitude.
- Working knowledge of financial system Oracle
- Ability to set priorities and manage the daily workflow
- Ability to perform under pressure especially during month-end close
- Effective organization skills and high attention to detail
- Great verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate appropriately with all levels of the organization
INNIO offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. INNIO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.