The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Production Supervisor will plan, direct and coordinate all activities in a designated manufacturing area to optimize manufacturing goals and objectives of throughput, inventory and operating expense.**
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:**
- Drives day to day improvements in safety programs with goal of reaching zero recordable injuries.
- Mentor, coach and assist Team Leads on a daily basis
- Administer all discipline to hourly work force
- Assist with meeting customer expectation by achieving high levels of on time delivery performance with low quality rejects
- Responsible for driving year over year productivity improvement in labor spending and overhead spending by relentlessly focusing on the process
- Clearly communicates team member performance expectations, measures production hourly in order to identify roadblocks and improvement needs. Addresses poor performers and team development needs, while celebrating successes with the team.
- Assists with the development and execution of the annual business plan to meet expectation of year to year operational improvements.
- Able and willing to live Xylem core values on a day to day basis
- Approve manpower requirements to achieve desired customer service and inventory levels
- Utilizes rough cut capacity planning to ensure proper manning levels and necessary equipment is available
- Responsible for meeting inventory turn performance goals and adjusting as indicated by results
- Able to communicate and work with other functional groups (finance, customer service, engineering, human resources, and procurement) in the plant to assure business goals are met. Assists with the development and execution of the annual business plan to meet expectation of year of year operational improvements
- Inspire Commitment – Very good communicator with team. Willingness to remove boundaries that are in the way of respective team members achieving goals. Able to set challenging, yet achievable goals and hold team members accountable.
- Lead with Character – Able to respectfully challenge the current state thinking to bring about continuous improvement. Ability to drive team daily to meet the desired plant culture/goals.
- Deliver Results – Has a deep passion to drive continuous improvement through relentless focus on the process. Utilizes “voice of the customer” as feedback to drive decision making.
- Create the Future – Able to understand current state of Factory and develop/drive future state. Able to effectively elicit ideas from team about future state opportunities and then drive team towards end goal.
- Build through Teamwork – Has ability to develop sound relationship with peer group and with other functional groups in the plant.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- 3-5 years of demonstrated leadership experience in a manufacturing/assembly environment
- Available to work weekends as required
- Self-starter, requiring minimal supervision and direction
- Collaborative mindset, committed to “bigger picture”
- Be computer literate with emphasis on Oracle and Microsoft Office applications
- Possess a sense of urgency when production issues occur to support operators
- Ability to work with general manufacturing hand tools, computers, and electronics
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience working with cross functional employees to help drive significant improvements in business performance
- Experience working in a heavily matrixes work environment where leading through influence is key for success
- Preferred knowledge/background in manufacturing concepts such as Lean, Kaizen, 5S, Value Stream Mapping, Standard Work, KanBan, or ISO 9000
- Preferred experience in implementing, leading, and managing 5S/CI concepts and strategies
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Must be able to lift 30 pounds
- Must be able to sit and stand for extended period of time.
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the cells and facility
- General production/assembly environment
- Weekly work schedule will be Sunday night (10:00PM) to Friday morning (6:30AM) with an occasional Saturday work required.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.