Xylem is hiring a
1. Unloads incoming material from carrier checking material for identity and quantity. Signs freight bills and all related receipts and provides clerk with necessary records such as: bill of lading, packing slip, invoice etc. Places material in storage area or delivers to appropriate cost center.
2. Receives, checks, identifies, stores and issues raw and in process material. Delivers material to designated areas or cost center.
3. Oversees assigned area of responsibility making sure all stock is identified and kept in a neat and orderly manner and is obtainable at all times.
4. Operates all forms of gas, electric or manual material handling vehicles and equipment such as but not limited to forklift trucks, aisle stackers, dollies and yard crane.
5. Operates overhead crane from booth or by remote control from the floor. Loads, unloads and moves heavy material, parts and equipment to designated areas or cost centers. Hooks up material as required.
Visually and/or dimensionally checks material, supplies, parts sub-assemblies and finished product for shortages, defects and non-standard conditions. Upon discovery notifies supervision of all shortages, defects, non-standard conditions and malfunctioning machinery and equipment.
Maintains related records, cleans machinery, equipment and work area on a daily basis and performs preventative maintenance as assigned. Performs all related miscellaneous duties as directed by supervision.
Must read, write and speak English
Must have a working knowledge of mathematics (addition - subtraction - multiplication - division.)
Work is performed in a typical manufacturing plant environment under the following conditions: exposure to extremes of heat and cold, noise, vibration, fumes, dust, and chemicals including cleaning solvents and paint, working on or around equipment with moving parts including forklift trucks and high voltage electric current. Some duties are performed outside and require exposure to inclement weather conditions.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical requirements include: good vision and hearing; ability to stand and walk, lift and carry 20 to 50 pounds occasionally and/or 10 to 20 pounds frequently and/or up to 10 pounds constantly; stoop, crouch, kneel, reach for and handle objects, pick, pinch or otherwise work with the fingers.